06-12-2019 04:18 PM
I keep getting a 1403 error "type of print head is incorrect" I am BEYOND frustrated. I changed the cartridges with CANON print cartridges that I paid a ridiculous amount of money for versus the cheap knock offs, and I'm STILL getting the error. Livid right now. I don't what to do, and the "users guide" is absolutely useless. Please help.
06-12-2019 04:20 PM
Just so you KNOW...I saw this post from 2012. I cannot "lift up the gray locking lever" because there is no "locking lever" on the side of the ink tank holder. Or, if there is--it's not accessable.
1. Open the cover of the printer.
2. Remove all ink tanks from the printer.
3. Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.
4. Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.
5. Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.
6. Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.
7. Close the cover and turn the printer off.
8. Unplug the power from the printer. Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.