cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MX922 whole page not scanned

jammalg
Apprentice

Hello,

I tried to scan documents, 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14, but the bottoms of the documents keep getting cut off, i.e., not scanned.

How can I get my printer to scan the entire document length? 

Thank You,

Jim

21 REPLIES 21

Thank you, Ramona!  I will try this when I get home this evening and report back.

-Steve

I struggled with the same problem for weeks

I figured out what was wrong...I had been going to the start button and clicking  on "devices and printers" and scanned from there.  But I should have gone to Control Panel and clicked on "devices and printers" there.  I got a completely different menu window and this time things scanned perfectly.  Hope this works for all.

Thanks, jjao.  Maybe I'm missing something.  I arrive at the same point no matter which path I take.  If I come from Start > Devices and Printers, I arrive at Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers as shown in Explorer's address bar.  If I come from Control Panel > Devices and Printers, I land at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers.  From either of those subviews of Control Panel/Devices and Printers, if I right-click on the Canon MX920 series printer WS, I get a Start scan choice that opens a New Scan window, the same one no matter which path I take.  Is this the path you're suggesting, or am I misunderstanding your help? Thanks in advance for responding, if you get the chance.

-Steve

And just to be sure we're talking about the same issue, you are saying that you have found a solution for the problem where a page scanned from the automatic document feeder is missing the top 1/4 inch (roughly) of the page, and a white band of the same size results at the bottom of the scanned page?

Ramona,

Thanks for trying to help, but I don't believe these instructions have anything to do with calibrating the starting position of the page scan in ADF mode.  For one thing, #6 says to click the Preview button, which doesn't exist when ADF is set at the Source.  So, if I return to Platten mode and look around at all the Settings, I don't see any adjustments that have anything to do with correcting the page shift.  I see other posts about cleaning rollers in the ADF, but surely that isn't necessary on Day 1 of owning the device.  I will try to call when I have a chance.

Thanks,

Steve

I have a PIXMAMP240. The scanner works great...but it only scans a small square of the document I am scanning. There is no way to resize the image that I can see. I have a Surface notebook. Thank you for your help.

I found the answer on the next page!!! I apologize for replying before I checked. Thank you!!!

My  problem was that photo's scanned were not getting the right side margin (estimated between 1/8 to1/4 inch missing). After using the proceedure below I get the complete image, ONLY if i scan from the IJ Scan Utility not from scan software that was installed and appears on the bottom right of desktop.  I'm using Windows 7.  I just recently purchased the MX922 as a replacement for an MX822 that all of a sudden gave invalid print head error and I couldn't find a solution to fix.

The other problem I see is that I have to select where to save the scanned document everytime if its not going to Documents.

The old MX822 software was much more intuitive and better in my opinion.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edward26,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the causes of your issues. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

regor
Apprentice

My mx490 brand new has the same problem....have u found a solution?  I am about ready to return it as scanning is what I wanted

Announcements