cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MX922 printer won't allow 2-sided printing of Word documents

LonnieC
Contributor

I just installed a new Canon PIXMA MX922 printer to replace an older MX882.  Everything works well, and I am able to two-side print documents from web pages and e-mail by checking the "two-sided" box on the Print drop down menu..  However, I am unable to two-side print any Word documents.  No "two-sided" check off box drops down, and no "duplex" option is available, as it was with the MX882.  I never had this problem with the older MX882.  Can you help?

Thanks very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi LonnieC,

To set the duplex printing option on a Mac, please open the printer driver:

1.  Select Page Setup... from the File menu of the application software.  The Page Setup Dialog opens.

2.  Select Print... from the File menu of the application software.  The Print Dialog opens. In the Print dialog, you can set paper type and print quality to start printing.

figure:Print dialog
Printer -Select the model to be used for printing.

When you click Add Printer..., a dialog for specifying the printer opens.

Under the Presets, you can select Two-Sided from the drop down box and set the options for duplex printing.

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/MX920%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/Dg-pagesetup.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Are you using the canon printer application or a generic application? Are you printing from a PDF file or Document such as word?

Yes, no matter what I print.

I notice that the only time I can select double or single sided print option is when I print over my wifi and use my ipad.  When I go to print from my ipad I get the bottom window, select double sided,color and then you get the top image and slide the slider to either on or off for double sided or color.  Hope this helps two.PNGone.PNG

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements