cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MX922 printer won't allow 2-sided printing of Word documents

LonnieC
Contributor

I just installed a new Canon PIXMA MX922 printer to replace an older MX882.  Everything works well, and I am able to two-side print documents from web pages and e-mail by checking the "two-sided" box on the Print drop down menu..  However, I am unable to two-side print any Word documents.  No "two-sided" check off box drops down, and no "duplex" option is available, as it was with the MX882.  I never had this problem with the older MX882.  Can you help?

Thanks very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi LonnieC,

To set the duplex printing option on a Mac, please open the printer driver:

1.  Select Page Setup... from the File menu of the application software.  The Page Setup Dialog opens.

2.  Select Print... from the File menu of the application software.  The Print Dialog opens. In the Print dialog, you can set paper type and print quality to start printing.

figure:Print dialog
Printer -Select the model to be used for printing.

When you click Add Printer..., a dialog for specifying the printer opens.

Under the Presets, you can select Two-Sided from the drop down box and set the options for duplex printing.

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/MX920%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/Dg-pagesetup.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

How do I turn off two sided printing using a MAC IOS Sierra 10.12?

HOW did you fix the two sided printing?

When you select print the print window comes up and there's a selection to use double sided printing. 

Hi mine wasn't printing words and I had orange tape left on black ink cartridge

agdipasca
Apprentice

I am choosing two-sided printing on my print screen but keep getting one-sided printing from the printer....  please help!

agdipasca,

If you continue to have difficulties after reviewing the information on this thread, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Here's how I have found that I can print two-sided on my PIXMAMX922:

1.  With your Word document on the screen, click on "File" at the very top left of the screen.  A small dropdown will appear.  Then click on "Print" near the bottom of that dropdown.  A new "Print" dropdown will show.

2.  Press on the Copies & Pages tab. A small window will drop down.

3.  Press on the Layout tab. Another window will appear.  Near the bottom of that window is a bar called "Two-Sided", which will show "Off".  This is what you're looking for.

4.  Press "Off".   Two options will appear: "Long-Edge binding", and "Short-Edge bindiing".

5.  Press Long-Edge binding. (You may want to try "Short-Edge binding" just to see how it does the two-sided printing.  I always use the Long-Edge binding.)

6.  Press "Print".  Your document will now print two-sided.

This sounds complicated, but in a few passes you'll find it can be done in just a few seconds.

By  the way, if you want to print all in black and white (and save your color ink), here's how you can do it:

Follow Steps 1 and 2 above.  On the Layout screen, press "Quality & Media".  On the bottom of the screen that shows, press "Greyscale Printing".  Then you can press "Print".  The printing will be in black & white.

You can do either or both (two-sided, greyscale) for your document before you press Print.

Good luck!!

karendiamondmba
Contributor
I tried this but it didn't help.

karendiamondmba
Contributor
There is NO option to check.
Announcements