cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MX922 printer won't allow 2-sided printing of Word documents

LonnieC
Contributor

I just installed a new Canon PIXMA MX922 printer to replace an older MX882.  Everything works well, and I am able to two-side print documents from web pages and e-mail by checking the "two-sided" box on the Print drop down menu..  However, I am unable to two-side print any Word documents.  No "two-sided" check off box drops down, and no "duplex" option is available, as it was with the MX882.  I never had this problem with the older MX882.  Can you help?

Thanks very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi LonnieC,

To set the duplex printing option on a Mac, please open the printer driver:

1.  Select Page Setup... from the File menu of the application software.  The Page Setup Dialog opens.

2.  Select Print... from the File menu of the application software.  The Print Dialog opens. In the Print dialog, you can set paper type and print quality to start printing.

figure:Print dialog
Printer -Select the model to be used for printing.

When you click Add Printer..., a dialog for specifying the printer opens.

Under the Presets, you can select Two-Sided from the drop down box and set the options for duplex printing.

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/MX920%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/Dg-pagesetup.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LonnieC,

Please try setting the options that you want in the printer driver.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2.  Click on Printers.

3.  Right click the PIXMA MX922 and left click on Printing Preferences.

4.  Click on the Page Setup tab.

5.  Select the options that you wish.

6.  Click on Apply and then OK.

Open Word and attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I apologize.  I should have told you that I am working on a MAC.  The recommendation you made worked on my PC, but the main computer is a MAC.  Thanks very much.  I really appreciate your advice.

Lonnie

Hi LonnieC,

To set the duplex printing option on a Mac, please open the printer driver:

1.  Select Page Setup... from the File menu of the application software.  The Page Setup Dialog opens.

2.  Select Print... from the File menu of the application software.  The Print Dialog opens. In the Print dialog, you can set paper type and print quality to start printing.

figure:Print dialog
Printer -Select the model to be used for printing.

When you click Add Printer..., a dialog for specifying the printer opens.

Under the Presets, you can select Two-Sided from the drop down box and set the options for duplex printing.

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/M/MX920%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/Dg-pagesetup.html

I'm trying to print from Word for Mac and I don't have the option to turn OFF 2-sided printing in my printer settings or Word print settings. Help!? Also, how can I turn off the cartridge cleaning function? I too haven't done ANY printing and have depleted my cartridges more than 50%.  Thank you

Hi, virtualsupport!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of Mac OS X is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Actually, I fixed the 2-sided printing issue, but I still want to turn off the auto cleaning of the printer heads, since it's sucking up all of my ink. I have the Canon PIXMA MX922 printer. Thanks!

Hello.  

The automatic warmup or cleaning cycles cannot be disabled.  This is to prevent any possible drying or overheating of the parts.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Can you please tell me how you corrected the double sided printing?  I am running a MAC with the MX922 and I do not have the option to print a word-for-mac doc on both sides 

Hi RWSlater,

To try and display the duplex printing setting, before printing, please go to System Preferences, then Print and Scan.  Click on the minus button to remove the current listing for your printer.  Next, on the left side there will be an option to add a printer; click on the + button.  Select your printer and under "USE" select the PIXMA MX922 and NOT AirPrint, as the AirPrint driver may not include the duplex printing option.  

Should you need further assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Announcements