cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MX922 Making Clacking Noise Every Hour or So

TimothyW1686
Contributor

Every hour or so my printer makes a clacking noise as if it's getting ready to start printing even though nothing is being ready to be printed or hasn't been printed in a while.

The started after my printer went offline and i restarted my printer to bring it back online so i could print something now it doing it almost hourly on the dot and it's so loud it wakes me up in the middle of the night.

No idea why this started, I don't know where to start so i haven't really done any trouble shooting except returning it off and then back on and unplugging it and plugging it back in, Next on my list is to do a factory reset.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi TimothyW1686,

Please try removing and reseating the ink tanks and print head in the unit by following the steps shown here to see if this will resolve the issue.  You can also try cleaning the encoder film of the printer by following the steps shown here to see if this will help.  Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements