cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG8220 Error Code 5030 at boot-up

Ramin
Apprentice

I purchased a new Canon PIXMA MG8220. After I unboxed it, I followed the steps in the maual, but at boot-up the MFP stopped at Error Code 5030Smiley Sad I have turned the power off and reconnected the plug several times but the same message is coming up. I have not found error codes specifically under MG8220, but for all series (61xx, 62xx, 81xx) they are the same. According to my research this code means - "Scanner home position error; Scanner error; Flatbed motor error; Scanner light source not turned on; Scanner electric circuit error." And in fact, the lamp lights up and goes off for half a second, and then the LCD screen displays the error number and recommendation to restart (ie turn off - turn on) the device. How can I get my printer to work?

I ordered it on the 26th of March, 2014 from Amazon.com (sold by Eagle Direct Tech). I know I'm certainly eligible for a replacement or return under Amazon.com's 30 day return policy, but I live overseas, I can't take it back to the store I purchased it from and shipping it back is going to cost me half the cost of the product's price.

Can I claim it with Canon? Will a replacement be sent for it?

Can you provide me with guidance?

4 REPLIES 4

Crista
Whiz

Hi Ramin!

Welcome to the Canon Forum, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please visit http://www.canon.com and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

I am having the same issue.  I bought the printer last week, installed it on Friday and it was working great.  I turned it off for the weekend, and when I came in this morning to turn it on, I'm getting the 5030 error.  

Any suggestions on how to get it to boot up?  

I am in the US.  

I contacted Canon tech support USA and they determined that my printer needs service. We tried to do a power cycle procedure to see if we could clear the error out. Same error. What that means is that there is an internal hardware failure in this printer and it’s actually gonna require a service. The tech support representative told me that it's deeper than the scanner issue; it’s actually an internal hardware failure that’s going on within the printer. You would have to contact the Canon tech support USA and they will be able to give you further guidance on what to do.

Thanks for the info Ramin!  I will contact tech support this afternoon.

Announcements