cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG7520 will not print, receive 5200 error

pjobson
Contributor

Our Canon PIXMA MG7520 suddenly stopped printing and copying. I've tried unplugging it, tried resetting it, etc. Nothing seems to work. When it goes to copy or print, it doesn't appear to be even trying to feed the paper, like the feed rollers don't even roll to attemp to feed the paper. It's acts fine otherwise. I tried taking off the pack quarter circle back that helps move the paper to be printed and tried to manually feed a piece of paper, but then it simply keeps saying paper jam.

Any way to manually feed paper in this printer?

Any help is greatly appreciated. We're very dissappointed as it's possibly one of the worst times (COVID-19 etc) for it to no longer work. 

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What are your ink levels like?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Okay enough to me; certainly lower ink has never caused this problem before in my experience:

IMG_8261.jpg

Okay. So I replaced the magenta. It's back to pulling paper and acts like it is pretting as normal, but does not actually print anythintg just comes out blank. I've now got it so all ink cartridges are new or almost 100% full, but still printing blank pages. It also can't seem to do the print head alignment auto or manual and ends up giving the 5200 error. I'm going to try to clean the print head and see how that goes...

Tried cleaning the print head (via taking it out and running water through it carefully), but still not working. Printer sends pages through and acts like it's printing but pages come out blank. Not sure where the ink goes as the ink level reporting claims it's going down.... Firmware is 2.020. I'm wondering if it updated the firmware recently and now it won't let me use 3rd part ink cartridges? I've been using them for years and years without issue, same brand and all. 

Anyway to downgrade firmware so I can rule this out as the culprit?

Hi pjobson.

We do not recommend running water through the print head, as that may damage the ink feed system, the nozzles, and the electronic components.  The automated Cleaning and Deep Cleaning options in the Maintenance menu are a safe way to flush the nozzles to restore ink flow.  If the problem persists, then the printer will need to be replaced.

The firmware would not have had any affect on the usability of installed ink tanks, and there is also no way to downgrade it safely.

If you're located in the U.S., I can offer the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., with free ground shipping.

If you're interested, you may call our Canon Direct agents at 1-800-385-2155. Please keep in mind, you are under no obligation to take advantage of this offer immediately to gain the information.

If you're located outside of the U.S., you may find your regional branch of Canon using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements