cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG3620 Scanning Problem

shadow1
Contributor

I have had this Canon PIXMA MG3620 All-In-One Printer for a little over a year, and it scanned fine until recently. I have Windows 10, which automatically installed an update on 5/19/2018, and I think this may have caused the scanning issue. Now when I open the Canon Quick Menu, the "Scan" row has no functions - the entire row is blank. (Previously, it had an entire row of scan options.)  Also, when I click the tool icon for the "Preferences Dialog Box" on the Canon Quick Menu, it shows the printer model correctly, but the Scanner Model box is blank (and the drop down box is empty). How can I fix this? Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11

ralatcanon
Contributor

I have just joined the Community and cannot get started. I cannot find a "New Topic" link or a way to ask a question. I apologize for breaking in to this topic, but I hope you will take a moment to help. Thank you.

Hi ralatcanon,

What is the issue that you are experiencing?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My Canon Pixma MP495 was working well until the ink began to run out and the print got dim. I installed new print cartridges, black C-210XL 211XL Color. Now when I try to print I just get indecipherable error messages. Pressing the start black button, which normally would do a copy, now just gives alternating "E", "1", backwards "E" and the amber "color ink" light is winking. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks.

I apologise for posting this in the wrong place. I will try to find a proper place.

Hi ralatcanon,

The E 1 3 error indicates that the remaining ink level cannot be detected.

The function for detecting the remaining ink level will be disabled since the ink level cannot be correctly detected.  If you want to continue printing without this function, press the machine's Stop (Reset) button for at least 5 seconds.

Canon recommends to use new genuine Canon ink cartridges in order to obtain optimum quality.

Please be advised that Canon shall not be liable for any malfunction or trouble caused by continuation of printing under the ink out condition.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi shadow1,

As a test, are you able to scan using the IJ Scan Utility?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I can scan using the IJ Scan Utility.  How can I add those functions to the Canon Quick Menu "Scan" row (where they used to be displayed)?

shadow1,

The scanning function should be available in the Quick Menu since you are able to scan from the IJ Scan Utility.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

The scanning function is still not available in the Quick Menu. I called the Canon support group, and the rep had me uninstall and reinstall some drivers and software. However, the scanning function is still not available in the Quick Menu (although I can still scan by using IJ Scan Utility). Also, when I click the tool icon in the Quick Menu for the "Preferences Dialog Box," the Printer model shown is "Canon Pixma 3600 series Printer" (NOT "Canon MG3600 series Network," which is what shows in the IJ Scan Utility under Product Name). Also, in the "Preferences Dialog Box" in the Quick Menu, the Scanner model box is blank and the dropdown box for the Scanner model is also blank. The Canon support rep could not resolve the issue.

Just wanted to let you know that my issue has been resolved. I shut down my PC last night, and when I turned it back on this morning, the scanning function is now showing in the Quick Menu (not sure why this wasn't the case when I did a restart last night). Everything seems to be fine now.

Announcements