cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG3170 setup installation gets stuck half way due to Print Spooler

loveweilin
Apprentice

Hi there,

I wanted to install and set up my printer - Canon PIXMA MG3170 Inkjet Printer. I couldn't find the installation disc that came with my printer, thus I went to support and downloads to download the "MG3100 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)".

Although I am running on PC, Windows 10, but that is the closest installation setup file I could find from the list.

So after downloading, it was an .exe file like this:

FileDownload.JPG

I was able to double click, and it automatically start up the setup.

Everything was fine, until I reached 1-3 Prepation for Connection:

1stobstacle.JPG

Right after I click "Next",

- if the Print Spooler service is running, it will get stuck on "Processing. Please Wait":

ProcessingPleaseWait.JPG

- if the Print Spooler service has stopped, it shows some progress and I can actually follow the instructions to connect to my printer... till I reached Step 2 Installation:

FinalPoint3.JPG

and then, once I clicked "Next" from "Step 2 Installation"

- if the Print Spooler is running, it will get stuck on MP Drivers Installation Progress: 0% (even when I leave it, it's still stuck here at 0% after hours):

GetStuckAtInstallation.JPG

- if the Print Spooler service has stopped, it will pop up this error message - "Processing cannot be continued because the Windows Print Spooler service has been stopped. Start the Print Spooler service and then try again.":

IfPrintSpoolerStop.JPG

This is causing me headache because if I don't stop the Print Spooler service in the beginning, I can never reached the installation of MP Drivers, but when I stopped the Print Spooler service, it pops up the error message at the installation of MP Drivers and I can never get past this step. Clicking "OK" will only bring me back to start.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you for your kind attention and assistance. 🙂 Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements