cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG 2520 can't be detected on my computer.

brado
Apprentice

My Canon printer can not be detected on my computer.  It tells me to check the cable.  The cable is fine.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, brado!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (Windows or Mac OS X, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

idk if i have to post a separate question or not, i have a 2522 canon pixma. it's all 3 in one, printer, scanner and copier. i bought it about a month ago but have not been able to install it because (i have windows 7 pro, version is 6. 1.7600.16385) i didn't have print management configured in mmc. ugh anyway, it has brand new cartridges and i called support and he walked me through the installation and i tried to print a test page but it was really faded. i've opened the printer and the cartridges are full. i configured my computer as server so that i could print. i opened a port in my firewall for MyCanonPrinter, i've configured a port at my gateway website to allow me to print on a specified port and still, i get nothing printed. i've had to go Staples with my documents on a thumb drive to get them printed on time. I really need to have my printer work. This is the second printer i have bought over the last 6 months so that i can print my documents and neither printer works. i don't understand what happened to user's rights to print documents but i think that's the core of the problem. It has nothing to do with ink or driver installation or devices visible to the computer or not. I think end users are denied the right to print anything. think about it. we cannot enter our country from a foreign country with any literature....seems to me they'll do worse harm to ya if you bring in literature from another country than any illegal substances....why? because everything the American people see and hear and read is filtered HEAVILY. 

please respond as soon as you can to help me out with printing my documents so that i can have my documents ready for important interviews. otherwise i am just going to take this printer/scanner/copier back to the store and demand that i get a full refund immediately. and then i am going to file complaints with the appropriate authorities...yea the feds....ugh

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If are you in the United States and this is an urgent support need, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://Canon.us/ContactCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

Obviously it's just a connectivity issue. I dealt with alot of those, let me know what you think after you check this:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/faxing/message-id/21100/print-...

Announcements