cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Mx479

Tasha85
Apprentice

My Mx479 printer keeps saying offline. It won't print wireless. When I searched the wireless device from my printer it said connected but it still says offline. When I connect my USB it prints fine. I deleted the printer and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work.

3 REPLIES 3

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Tasha85!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I have the Windows 7 operating system

Hello.

If the printer was used with a USB connection, this would mean that the installation is set for USB rather than wireless.

Uninstall the MX470 MP drivers and the IJ Network Tool.  Then ensure that the USB cable is not connected before reinstalling the printer.  This should allow you to install the wireless version.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements