cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Mx450 series printer is not taking up paper

mariojuggernaut
Apprentice

Good day everyone. Everytime I try to print with my printer for awhile, it is unable to pick up the paper out of the spool properly and damage the paper by just trying to fed it in. How can I fix this issue?20210406_085033.jpg20210406_085950.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

I recommend running a roller cleaning. Please click HERE for the steps. If this does not resolve the issue, your printer would require service.

If you printer is in it's 1 year from purchase date warranty, call Canon free at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays.

You will need to have a Canon account when you call. If you have not created account, please click HERE:

If the printer is out of warranty, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My Canon MG 3620 printer pulled the paper halfway in and stopped, resulting in a "paper jam" message.  I can find instructions for clearing the jam from inside or from the output tray, but my paper hasn't gotten that far in (don't see anything when I open from the front or the back).  The only reference I can find to clearing a jam from the input tray is a warning not to pull it out. I may indeed need to clean the print rollers, but the first step is to take out any paper, so I can't try till I get the paper out.  [Sorry if this message doesn't quite belong here, even though it did begin with printer not taking up the paper properly -- I couldn't find a "paper jam" message that seemed to fit.]

Announcements