cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 printer won't print web pages

ebarwick
Apprentice

I can print docs that are stored on my computer but not web pages.  When I try to print a web page (including emails and cloud based docs) I see a progress message that says it is printing and then says printing is 100% complete. Next I see a message that the printer is out of toner, but that is not true.  I can download the document and then it will print.  I have no problem printing directly from my computer.  Any advice would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

luvbug63
Apprentice

I'm going to save you a few hours of trouble shooting and frustration that I went through setting up my new MX922.  

Change your browser.  Chrome will not let you print from the web.  Internet Explorer will.

When you use ctrlP to print, the page comes up with all your choices.  Bottom left hand corner:  print using system dialog.

You will need to click this option from now on to print.

Works great now.  

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I just spent 2 hours uninstalling and reinstalling, connecting and reconnecting and this printer was 5 minutes away from the dumpster!  Mine is a MX490 and it worked fine until the latest Windows update and suddenly couldnt print from the web.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements