cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 printer says it loses power one a day while being plugged into a UPS

gpsmith54
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX922 printer that once to twice a day displays that it was unplugged. When you press OK it restarts, wasting a lot of ink and losing any incoming faxes it would not print while in this mode. It is not losing power from the outlet as it is plugged into a UPS system that reports no power interuptions. The power cable to the printer shows virtually zero resistance. It has also started to randomly lose its wifi connection which requires a restart to reset and again wastes more ink. In addition when you do try to turn it off it never will, showing "waiting" in the display for as long as you don't disturb it again.

This is not only inconvenient but very expensive. What can be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The solution for this problem is to update the firmware from the control panel menu. It solves this irritating false power interuption issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Gpsmith54!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using. (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks

I use Yosemite on the Mac, Windows 7 Pro on the PC and IOS 8 on the iphone. I fail to see how the device O/S affects this "loss of power" issue the MX922 tells me it has. I connect to printer with a LAN, and WiFi.

Thank you

Ramona
Authority

Hi gpsmith54,

We recommend plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet instead of UPS for a few days to see if you still experience the same intermittent power and wireless connection issues.  If you do, please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The printer was orginally plugged into a wall when the problem started. I moved it to a UPS to remove the issue of power supply. It is an internal issue in the printer as the power cord has perfect continuity.

The solution for this problem is to update the firmware from the control panel menu. It solves this irritating false power interuption issue.

Announcements