cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 not printing

allielf4
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma 922 and it won't print.  Although if I do a test print using the menu buttons on the printer, the ink prints out.  When I print from my desktop, the page comes out blank.  I've done all the suggested maintenance cleanings but it still won't print.

Help...printer is only 5 months old 😞

14 REPLIES 14

Randy:

It's incredibly sad, but I've pretty much just given up with Canon on this printer.  The Internet is filled with complaints about this model -- and the complaints are all the same problem.  But Canon hasn't officially recognized that there is a problem and definitely hasn't released an update (firmware OR software) to correct the problem.

I am purchasing a new printer this week to replace this MX922.  This has really soured my taste for Canon products (and their customer service).

Good luck with your printer -- I hope you find a solution!

Fitz

Hi

I also contacted support and they did help me resolve the issue. It appears the large black ink container was the issue. I was not seated properly in my printer. When I printed teh test grid, it printed colors but no black grid at the top.  

I did try several cleanings, but nothing worked. Then I removed the large black ink cartridge, reinstalled it, and it worked! 

Give that a try or contact support directly. It worked for me! 

thanks

Randy

I'm SUPER frustrated that I've been dealing with my Canon MX922 having printing problems for weeks now and I'm just now finding out that others have the same problem!! We've had this printer for maybe 2 years now. It has worked wonderfully for me for the most part. I have occasionally had problems with it only printing 1/3 to 1/2 my page then leaving the rest blank. In the past I was able to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, maybe having to do it twice, but it has always worked after much frustration. This time I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 different times. I have done the "nozzle print check" and there is NO PROBLEM with its ability to print. I have checked the WPS more times than I can count. Today it absolutely refused to print anything (I received a printer error on my computer with no explanation, and no sounds from my printer) so I once again uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. It printed my first page, yay! It started printing my second page then stopped and spit out a page with about 1/3 of the print, spit out a blank page and refused to do the rest of my 6 page article. What's up?!?

Frustrated customer who will tell all of her friends NOT to buy a Canon printer product.

LeopoldoAT
Apprentice

I have the same problem, Has some one any solution to this problem?

I finally got so frustrated that I bought a new printer and recycled the Canon MX922.  I bought a competitor (a Brother printer) which has been fantastic since it came out of the box.  Good luck!

Announcements