cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 not printing

allielf4
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma 922 and it won't print.  Although if I do a test print using the menu buttons on the printer, the ink prints out.  When I print from my desktop, the page comes out blank.  I've done all the suggested maintenance cleanings but it still won't print.

Help...printer is only 5 months old 😞

14 REPLIES 14

Einas
Apprentice

so dear Canon..
No solution fot this widespread problem??

itfitz
Apprentice

This is insane.  Why is Canon not addressing this?  It seems like this is NOT an isolated problem.

Stephen

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA! If you have the most recent software and drivers installed on your computer from our site HERE, and you're still having problems, we suggest contacting support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). Support is available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET).

If you're outside of the USA, you'll need to reach out to Canon in your country or region. You'll find contact information at http://global.canon/en/support/

My printer is at home, and I'm working until around 6 p.m. Pacific time.  Then when I get home I have three beautiful children who want nothing more than to have me be their dad and play with them.  It's unlikely that I'll have time anytime soon to call Canon Support.

What's boggling to me, Stephen, is the amount of other people who have complained about this exact same problem in these forums.  When I started having problems, I went to Google and typed "Canon MX922 not printing" -- and I found at least two dozen others who were complaining about this exact same problem.  People have tried installing new drivers and software (which I did); people have tried deep cleaning the nozzles (I did this too); people have tried cleaning the printer head (I did).  But the common thing among all of these possible solutions is that they don't seem to have worked for anyone.  And Canon doesn't seem to acknowledge that the problem is widespread and/or needs an official correction from Canon.

I am also experiencing another common MX922 problem where my printer seems to become disconnected from my network after only a few short minutes of idle time.  I am no longer able to connect to it unless I reset my router and unplug the printer.  This problem also came up a lot in a Google search -- also with no perceptible official Canon solution.

I'm not sure if it's this model (doesn't seem likely from other complaints about other models on the forums), or if it's just Canon printers in general...  But as much as I hate buying a printer and recycling it less than four months after its purchase, I can't see myself continuing to pour effort and my precious spare time into getting a printer to do its main function -- PRINTING.

Fitz

The form in the link provided will not let me click the "Submit" button.  I completed all of the fields, included the non-required.  Tried this in both Chrome and Edge, neither will let me click Submit.  The button is grayed out.

We apologize, however we no longer offer email support for our printers. We'll remove that link right away! In the meantime, our printer technical support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

I was able to print to my Pixma MX922 via WiFi until recently. Now when I print it does everything but put ink on paper. I thought maybe it needed a cleaning or even a deep cleaning. When I run those from the printer itself and then print a nozzle check there is still nothing on the page. The printer gives no errors. It seems the printer thinks everything is fine, but I can’t get even a single dot to print. Please address.

Ramona
Authority

Hello,

Please print a nozzle check pattern from the printer by following the steps shown here to determine if all of the inkjet nozzles are dispensing the ink correctly.  When the nozzle check pattern prints, it should have the black grid and all colors appearing as shown in sections (1) and (2) below:

The PGBK ink prints the text on the page, so if that section is missing or does not print correctly, documents may appear blank when printed.  If the nozzle check pattern did not print correctly, please remove and reseat the ink tanks and print head in the printer by following the steps shown here, then perform a print head alignment by following the steps shown here, and at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings by following the steps shown here

Should the issue continue after following the above recommendations, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem.  The printer acts like it is printing but the page is blank.  All firmware and drivers are up to date.  Printer head tests are fine.  I can print a test page, but anything else I print is blank. 

I did get an Amazon return label to print very very lightly by putting the printer settings on the very highest resolution.   The label is unusable since it is so light, but it did print a full label (no missing areas or spotty printing).  

I just emailed support.  I've printed about 20 pages initially over the past 2 months.  Everything was great.  Now it wont print anything.  

Less that 2 months old and completely unusable....which is completely unacceptable. 

Announcements