cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 - change "scan to PC" to "scan to USB"

donhammer89
Apprentice

It seems that my MX922 no longer recognizes any option other than scanning to a PC.  I have two PCs on my wireless network, but the MX922 recognizes one of them, but not the other.  AND, I can no longer scan to a local USB plugged into the lower front of the printer.

I cannot get the scan menu to allow me to change the top most item... the destination.  All the guidance from on-line support says to plug in the USB drive, then go to Scan and then press the right or left arrow to select the destination.  I cannot get that functionality to work.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Don Hammer

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi donhammer89,

You may not be able to use USB flash drives with security functions that are enabled on the drive.

If your USB drive does not have security, please try formatting the USB drive before inserting it into your PIXMA MX922.

To scan to a USB drive with your PIXMA MX922, please follow the steps on this page:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX920%20series/EN/UG/UG_Scanning0300.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements