cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX920 print queue is acting strange.

SunDummy
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX920 that normally works flawlessly.  A few weeks ago, it started having a strange problem.  When printing PDF's, it will occasionaly "hang up" in mid print.  The paper feeds, it starts to print (I can hear it printing), then it freezes for about 30 seconds, after which it spits out the partially-printed page.  The item being printed still shows up in the print queue, as if it's still printing, but it never prints.  Reprinting gets the same results:  about 15% of the page prints, then the paper gets spit out.  Y=The print queue eventually clears.

Powering everything off (PC, printer, router) does not clear the problem.  The first time this happened, I spent about three hours trying to get it to work, then gave up and tried again that evening; after sitting for four hours, everything worked again.

Today it started doing it again; I can't afford to wait four hours, and I need the printout.  I'm printing via wifi; I ordered a print cable, but I can't wait for it to arrive to print this out.

HELP!

4 REPLIES 4

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Hi Jenine,

I'm using Windows 7; 14GB RAM, so memory is not an issue.

I've shut down all PC's, ipad, roku, TV, etc. that could be interfering with the wifi signal, but it doesn't help.

merrymary247
Rising Star
How far is the printer from your router?

It's about 20 feet from the router.

It started working again this morning; nothing changed, so I have no idea why.  Very annoying, as I never know when it's going to start acting up.

Announcements