cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX920 is printing fuzzy text

wsweger
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX920 printer that is printing fuzzy text.  I've run all clean options, cross hash pages and tried aligning the heads both auto and manual with no luck. The cross text page prints lines, but in the middle of the larger black print head, the line diverges into two lines, thus I think that's the reason if prints fuzzy text for both print and copy modes.

Are there any other options to fix this?  I even looked a a new print head, but they cost almost as much as a new printer!  Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Loontjer
Apprentice

Same issue here only not completly fuzzy. A few lines will be good and sharp. the next few lines will be fuzzy. Kind of a ramdom thing. The complete line will be sharp or fuzzy.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wesweger and Loontjer,

Please try cleaning the encoder. Please follow the steps outlined in the following Knowledgebase Article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142916

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements