cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX920 Will not use black

imsodone
Apprentice

I would like to be able to print in Black ink (Not PGBlack) only. I have tried setting the printer to only print in grayscale. I have darkened images to be dark black. I have even tried using depleted color tanks; bypassing them via the cancel button, and the printer still will not do it. The head is working fine, and prints in black on the built in test; and the ink cartridge is brand new. I know that the printers use other colors to make the blacks richer and all that; but this isnt a reason I cant print in black only. What can I do to get it to work?

The printer is a MX 920, connected over USB.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The 920 must have all ink tanks installed, and they must have ink.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/MX920-won-t-print-in-black-and-whit... 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I do not mean to be rude; but this is simply not true; I was not asking if it were possible to use one cartridge. I already know you can. I was simply asking how it can be done with black. I have been sucessful in getting every other color to do so. I also made it very clear that I had tried depleting them only after everything else, so the point is mute.

Announcements