cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX920 - Foam Strip

oldrsk8r
Apprentice

My Canon MX920 had been paper jamming and upon internal inspection, I found a dislodged foam strip (9 1/4 in. x 5/8 in.) with one notched edge and one straight edge.  I can see where it probably should go based on the notches - so in the area between the paper rollers and the printer cassette.  Seems like to replace it would require access that I'm not sure how to easily obtain.  Good news is the paper jams have stopped.  Question is - does it matter if I run the printer without this strip?  Thanks for any advice.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The foam pads are are there to absord excess ink.  They keep the paper paths and ink delivery mechanism clean.  The printer might work without them, but at some point it may become an issue. 

Pad replacement (cleaning) and replacement often requires some disassembly. You'll have to decide if you want to have the printer serviced, or attempt the procedure on your own. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements