cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX860 Error B200 & Now Wont Turn On

TLL24
Apprentice

My printer gave me a B200 error after I changed the Black Ink 221 cartridge, then it started to make some noise like it was processing the new cartridge, and suddenly it shut itself off and won't turn back on now.

What do I do to get it to turn on again?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi TLL24,

Please try the following to see if the printer will power back on:

1.  Ensure that the power cord is plugged securely into the printer, as the cord may have slightly come loose and prevented full power to be received by the printer.

2.  Ensure that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet instead of going through a surge protector that is plugged into a wall outlet, as sometimes ports on a surge protector may no longer work.

3.  Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in to try and reset the printer. 

4.  Try plugging the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible.

5.  If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please see if using that power cord will allow the printer to power on.

If the printer still does not turn on after these steps, it will require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

TLL24
Apprentice
Thank you. I tried all those options and am still unsuccessful in getting the printer to turn on. I contacted a local canon certified repair shop and they have told me it sounds like the printer head needs to be replaced but all parts for this model are discontinued. Seems I'm out of luck.
Announcements