cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX532

romichel_1975
Apprentice

I just purchased this printer and installed it to my computer and it will not print.  I keep getting "Printer not responding."  It doesn't seem to be communicating with my computer...any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What OS and hardware is the printer connected to?

How is the MX532 connected to your "computer"?

Wireless or USB?

Drivers and Downloads are here

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'm using Windows 10 on my laptop.  I've tried USB and wireless and have the same issue with both.

Hi romichel_1975.

For laptops and USB, ensure the computer is connected to power and that it is charging.  USB signals on battery power can be too low for the printer to detect.

For wifi, ensure the laptop is on a standard (2.4 GHz) wifi connection. The MX532 is only capable of 2.4 GHz wifi, and most 5G routers keep the two types of wifi separate to maintain the faster 5G speeds.

If the printer doesn't respond over the network, try opening its Remote UI.  If the Remote UI is unreachable, then your router is not allowing the printer to communicate with the computer.  If the Remote UI comes up, then something on the computer (usually an antivirus or firewall; sometimes the Print Spooler service being disabled, or the presence of a conflicting program) is preventing the printer from installing and communicating correctly.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements