cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX492 not performing

dracoprince
Apprentice

My Canon MX492 was working perfectly fine until a few days ago.  

Then all of a sudden it wouldn't scan, and today it is giving me issues and won't even print.

Any ideas as to what I can do to resolve this?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi dracoprince,

Thank you for your inquiry, and welcome to the Canon Forums.

We appreciate your participation, however, for the community to best assist you can you provide us with the following information:

1. Operating System of the computer?
  2. How is your printer connected?

If you are in the USA and need immediate assistance please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to help! If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

dracoprince
Apprentice
PC Windows 10
Connected with a USB printer cord

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers to see if this will help with your issue.  Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and perform the following:

1.  Click the Start Button and search for the Control Panel, then open the Control Panel.
2.  Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
3.  Uninstall the MX490 MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool if either of these are listed.  If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
4.  Go back to the Control Panel.
5.  Open Devices and Printers.
6.  Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.

Next, visit the following link:

PIXMA MX490 Series Drivers & Downloads

Once there, download and install the MX490 series MP Drivers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements