cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX 922 will copy and print but all of a sudden won't print from Comp

sas
Apprentice

Hello. I have a DELL laptop. It has always communicated just fine with my printer.   Recently I replaced the cartidges and now it will print something from a copy but it will not print anything I send from my computer. Literally nothing has changed but the cartridges. I have checked and checked the cartidges but they are in there right. So....what happened here?

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello, sas!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10), as well as the way you connect to your printer (USB or networked via WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit the Canon USA site to discover your support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ok so here is what goes on. The computer actually sends the document to the printer. No error message comes up other than the printer window pops up. That is where it stays. It will not print. I can put a page in the printer and copy it and it will print that way so that means the new cartridges are working right and in there properly. The documant I send from the printer says it is printing in the print window but nothing is actually happening. I have unplugged it, restarted it, everything I can think of. The wifi is hooked up to it properly it is just sitting there saying it is printing....and yes ther is paper ....lol

Hi sas,

I understand that the printer and computer are not communicating properly; however, you are able to make copies.

To troubleshoot this issue please print the printer's network configuration page. Click HERE for information on printing the network configuration page.

After the network configuration page has printed, please look at the top section under “Wireless LAN.” You should see:

• Enable next to Wireless LAN
  • Active next to Connection
  • Your network name next to SSID
  • An IPv4 IP Address that starts with either a 192, 172, or 10.
  • A signal strength that is hopefully stronger than 70 percent.

If you do not see an address or the printer is not connected to your network, click HERE for instructions on connecting the printer to your network.

If you do see an address, and it starts with a 192, 172, or 10, please do the following:

Note: Please perform the following steps on your computer to confirm the devices see each other on the same network.

1. Open an Internet browser. (You can use the one you normally use to go on the Internet.)
  2. Single-click on the "Address" bar. (This bar is usually at the top of the browser and will display the address of the current web page that you are viewing. It may start with the letters "HTTP" or "WWW." Do not click on a "Search" bar.)
  3. Delete the address that is currently in the "Address" bar by pressing the "Backspace" or "Delete" button on your keyboard.
  4. Use your keyboard to enter the printer's IPv4 IP Address (numbers and dots only). There is no need to add "HTTP://" or "WWW." to the front of the address.
  5. Press the "Enter" or "Return" button on the keyboard.
  6. The browser will open a new window.
  7. If you are asked to enter a username and password, type “ADMIN” (in capital letters) for the username and “canon” (in lower-case letters) for the password.
  8. After entering these credentials, you can click on the “Log In” button or press the "Enter" or "Return" button on the keyboard.
  9. Close the web page.

In the event that you are unable to access the printer's web page, power cycle your router. To power cycle the router, disconnect the power cord for approximately 30 seconds. Once the power cord is reconnected it will take approximately 2 minutes for the network to become fully functional. Once the network returns fully functional, perform a test print.

Announcements