cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX 922 loses connection when computer goes to sleep

jayredwood
Apprentice

I have an Imac, macOS SIerra, and a Canon MX922. 

Every time the computer goes to sleep I have to reinstall the drivers and go through the wlan setup proceedure.

This all seemed to start when I updated to a new wifi router box thing. 

ANy help fixing this issue would be great because installing all the drivers and going through the wlan setup procedure is getting old.

Thanks,

Jason

2 REPLIES 2

BillS
Mentor

Hi jayredwood,

This model does not have an Auto Power Off function and would not disconnect itself automatically.  Many new routers, however, will drop some devices after a period of disuse.  The drivers will still be loaded on your computer, so you should not need to reinstall.  You may be able to simply delete and re-add the printer.

1. Click on the Apple logo in the upper left of your screen.

2. Select "System Preferences."

3. Select "Printers and Scanners."

4. Highlight the MX920 on the left side and click the "-" sign in the lower left.

5. Confirm the deletion.

6. Click the "+" sign in the lower left.

7. Select “Add Printer or Scanner.”

8. Select the "Canon IJ Network" connection type (May take a moment to appear.)

9. Press "Add."

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply, 3 months later.

This did not work as there is not printer to select from now that I deleted them.

I'll try calling and or emailing for assistance but that doesnt seem to go well either.

Announcements