cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP830 Not printing black text

Cralis
Apprentice

I have had an MP830 for a number of years and it just stopped printing black text. Both black cartridges are 40% full, and all three colors are about 30% full.

If I print from MS Word or a PDF, none of the black text prints. If I change the text color and print it, it prints the text just fine. Except in grayscale mode, and then no text prints.

If I print the nozzle test then the bars of color and grey come out but none of the text does.

This happens even when printing a PDF. When I print the PDF as an image, then it gets weirder: the outlines of the text print but the center of the fonts does not, and none of the black bars (like in this form I tried to print and fill out for my child's school).

I can't seem to find anything on the Internet that explains what is going on and I've tried everything from attempting to do all the cleaning sequences to changing the negative print for greyscale and even changing the DPI settings in the driver.

Does anyone know what could be the problem and how to fix it?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Cralis,

Please perform a few printhead cleanings:

1.  Press <FAX>.

2.  Press the <MENU> button.

3.  Press the right arrow to select Maintenance / Settings, then press <OK>.

4.  Press <OK> to select Maintenance.

5.  Press the down arrow to select Deep Cleaning and press <OK>.

6.  Press <OK> to select Yes.

The Deep cleaning will be performed.  After 3 or 4 cleanings, print another test page.

If the black still does not print, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ejji
Apprentice

when canon preview window appears select high resolution

Announcements