cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP280

rjanes
Apprentice

My Canon MP280 is telling me I am offline. I am have checked all plugs. I have replaced ink cartridges. But sill I have an orange indicator light for both color and black ink. I have tried removing the ink,unplugging without shutting down, turning device back on, reinserting ink, pressing and holding the stop/resume button for 10 seconds, and unplugging and replugging in the cord from the printer to the tower. No luck. I am very annoyed and really need to get important documents printed. This is greatly impacting my abilities to get work done. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rjanes,

Is there an error code on the LED of your PIXMA MP280?

If not, please try these steps:

1.  Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a 1.

2.  Open the paper output tray.

3.  Load a sheet Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

4.  Press the <Maintenance> button once to display [A].  The Maintenance button is the button on the left hand side of the Operator's panel which has the wrench and screwdriver label above it.

5.  Press the Black Start button.

Does the test page print or does an error appear?  If an error appears, what is the error code?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rjanes,

Is there an error code on the LED of your PIXMA MP280?

If not, please try these steps:

1.  Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a 1.

2.  Open the paper output tray.

3.  Load a sheet Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

4.  Press the <Maintenance> button once to display [A].  The Maintenance button is the button on the left hand side of the Operator's panel which has the wrench and screwdriver label above it.

5.  Press the Black Start button.

Does the test page print or does an error appear?  If an error appears, what is the error code?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

maggiedl
Apprentice

I have error code E 0 8 showing. I have changed the ink but it still shows as does the orange alarm light.

Hi maggiedl,

The E 0 8 error indicates a waste ink tank error. This printer has an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes.  The cleaning process is necessary in order to keep the print head nozzles from becoming clogged.  Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer.  Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is nearly full.  At this point, printing is still possible by pressing the Resume button on the printer.  To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full. You can try resetting the unit to see if the error will clear.

Follow these steps to reset the printer:

1.  Turn the printer off with the Power button.

2.  Disconnect the data cable from the printer.

3.  Unplug the printer's power cord for a few seconds, and then plug it back in.

4.  Turn the printer back on.

If the error message persists, the unit would need to be replaced since service is no longer available for this model.

You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, Airprint and Cloud Print, carries a one year limited manufacturers warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Thank you. I'll give it a try. I know it is an old version and I figured that could be the problem but I just love this one so much more than my other Canon printer. It has served me well over the years.

How long is this offer open for and for where? I am hoping to move back home to the UK later this year and will be looking to buy a priniter there

Hi maggiedl,

This offer is valid in the United States. Since you may be moving back to the UK, I recommend you contact Canon UK to see if the have a Upgrade Program as well. You can access Canon UK by clicking HERE.

Announcements