cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP280 quit printing

dicklowman
Apprentice

I'll start by thanking the guy who set up the registration process for informing me that my first name is a "bad word" and that I must "clean up my language" before proceeding.  I'll rush down to the courthouse tomorrow to change the name that I've carried for 70 years.  So I'm registered now under artificial, possibly illegal, name.  Hopefully former VP Cheney isn't using Canon.  And to think people voted for someone with such a bad name!!

Anyway, MP280 trucking along just fine, then ran out of color ink.  I purchased and installed genuine Canon ink cartridge, now will not print from computer and will not copy.  Paper goes through just fine but comes out completely blank.  Not smudged, no black, no color, nothing.  If printing two pages, both come through, both blank.  Same with the copy function.   But Test Page does print as it is supposed to.  So print heads are working.  I installed new driver from Canon website to no avail.  Test page confirms computer is talking to printer.  Probably something simple, but I'm not computer literate so would appreciate any help.  Mac OSX, v 10.6.8.  Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi dicklowman,

When the test page of the printer printed, did it look like the image below, including both sections 1 and 2?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements