cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP Navigator EX 5.0 not working

icaptiontv
Contributor

Hi.  I just installed the Canon MP on my new computer, which is a Lenovo Yoga C930.  I can the Canon MG5300 series printer.  When I try to open the MP Navigator I get a message:

Cannot start the MP Navigator EX. Check the following points.

1. The supported model of this software is as follows. Check your product model is listed.

Canon E500 series

Canon MG2100 series

Canon MG 3100 series

Canon MG 4100 series

Canon MG 5300 series

Canon MG 6200 series

Canon MG 8200 series

When your product model is not listed, install correspondent MP Navigator or MP Navigator EX.

2. MP driver/scanner driver which supports your product is installed.

3. Your product model is connected to PC properly and the power is ON, if there is a power supply.

4. Reconnect the USB cable when connected with USB.

I seem to have this problem every time I set up the MP Navigator on a new computer.  In the past, if I plugged it to a USB cable the first time, it would work via WiFi thereafter.  I have connected the USB cord from my printer to my computer and I am sitll getting the error message.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This supplemental driver looks like it might apply to your specific situation.

sd.png

Here is the download so you don't have to hunt for it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi, Rick!  Thanks for the response.  I'm not sure if I'm an idiot, but I can't find where the download is that you said is included in yor post.  I'm sorry if I'm being dense!

Hi icaptiontv,

You can download MP Navigator EX Ver. 5.0.2 by clicking HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi!  Thank you.  That is the version that is downloaded on the new computer that isn't working.  I still haven't figured out a solution to this.  

I just wanted to update this issue.  Today Windows 10 had a massive update.  After my computer updated, the Canon MP Navigator now works!

RobinsonScan
Apprentice

I have this same error on windows 10 64bit and Canoscan9000F. I hare deleted Scan App and drivers and rebooted multiple times and the Scan App will still not load with the error: "Cannot start the MP Navigator EX. Check the following points. Check your product model is listed."  What am I missing?

Announcements