Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon MG7520 not printing, no error codes

Hello, I am new to the forum so thanks in advance for any help.  I have a Pixma MG7520 printer that has served me well for about 4 years, but just a few months ago the print started to get very faint and streaky, then stopped showing up altogether (black and colors alike). I ran the cleaning protocols (normal and deep cleaning) and no improvement - the printer goes through all the motions but the paper is blank when it comes out.  I even removed the print head and carefully cleaned it in a Windex solution (after reading that online) but no change.  All the tanks are full.  Ink seems to be getting to the print head because after cleaning and re-trying, there is new ink in the head, but nothing is making it to the paper.  There are no error codes.

I have a drawer full of ink for this printer and I would really like to revive it.  Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Mark

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Canon MG7520 not printing, no error codes

Greetings,

Make sure you have selected proper settings for the media type, etc.

However, if the printer will not print a nozzle check pattern and a cleaning cycle fails to help, the printhead might have failed or reached the end of its useable life.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw
New Contributor

Thanks, Rick.  Media is all still set as it always was.  Hard to imagine it's worn out given that it's just a home printer and got what I would consider normal use for 4 years.  But I suppose that is possible.  Guess it's time to move on!

Thanks,

Mark

Product Expert

Hello Catacomber,

From what you are describing, it looks like th eprinter needs service or at least a replacement print head. You can allways check with our parts department at 1-866-481-2569 to see if they have the print head in stock but I can't guarantee that it will resolve the issue.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.