cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG7520 not printing, no error codes

catacomber
Apprentice

Hello, I am new to the forum so thanks in advance for any help.  I have a Pixma MG7520 printer that has served me well for about 4 years, but just a few months ago the print started to get very faint and streaky, then stopped showing up altogether (black and colors alike). I ran the cleaning protocols (normal and deep cleaning) and no improvement - the printer goes through all the motions but the paper is blank when it comes out.  I even removed the print head and carefully cleaned it in a Windex solution (after reading that online) but no change.  All the tanks are full.  Ink seems to be getting to the print head because after cleaning and re-trying, there is new ink in the head, but nothing is making it to the paper.  There are no error codes.

I have a drawer full of ink for this printer and I would really like to revive it.  Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Make sure you have selected proper settings for the media type, etc.

However, if the printer will not print a nozzle check pattern and a cleaning cycle fails to help, the printhead might have failed or reached the end of its useable life.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick.  Media is all still set as it always was.  Hard to imagine it's worn out given that it's just a home printer and got what I would consider normal use for 4 years.  But I suppose that is possible.  Guess it's time to move on!

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Catacomber,

From what you are describing, it looks like th eprinter needs service or at least a replacement print head. You can allways check with our parts department at 1-866-481-2569 to see if they have the print head in stock but I can't guarantee that it will resolve the issue.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

Announcements