cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG7120 not printing PGBK *edit

Wizzykin
Apprentice

*I took out the printhead and washed it through for 5 mins. GY now prints fine, but PGBK still will not print.

I got rid of the cartridge that it started with and replaced it. When I print the nozzle check pattern I get:

Blank space

C: fine

M: fine

Y: fine

BK: fine

GY: nothing

Then it asks which pattern the print most represents A or B - and I hit back because there is no pattern anywhere. Looking at sheets on google (which I can't find one that matches my same exact layout) there should be a pattern above all of this, but it's totally blank.

So it seems PGBK isn't printing, nor is GY. Like... nothing. I've cleaned it several times and done a deep cleaning and still nothing.

I'm not sure what's going on here.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Wizzykin,

Because performing multiple printhead cleanings with your PIXMA MG7120 did not get the issue corrected, it is recommended that you contact technical support for further assistance. There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will assist you with this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

[moved to new thread/post]

albhms69
Apprentice
Started having printer problems with MG7120. First I tried to print in standard mode instead of draft mode. Didn't work. Next I tried the noozle test twice and patterns printed ok. Next i checked to make sure the individual cartridges were in the right locations. I reloaded the print drivers and software from Canon support. After running software I noticed the print test worked okay. I tried to print an email with draft mode on. It printed only parts of it. I then turned off draft mode and it worked ok. This is a partial fix since draft mode doesn't work..
Announcements