cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG6800 prints only blank pages

StefanS
Apprentice

I hadn't used my Canon MG6800 for a while. 

When I tried to use it today, the 1st time I printed I only saw some vague black stripes on the paper. The next several times I printed, the printer only printed out blank pages.

I've tried cleaning, deep cleaning and print head alignment, but nothing is helping

What can I do to solve this? Is my printer broken or would replacing my cartridges help? Note: I'm using unofficial cartridges that have always worked fine (except now)

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

How long has it actiually been since you used the printer?  "For a while" is pretty vague.

Inks can dry up, and the print head can become clogged with dried ink which can keep the printer from outputting pages with images or text.

Typically a deep cleaning can resolve or at least help, but sometimes depending on conditions / other factors...  time since last use, where the printer is stored (temperature, environment) etc can cause more serious problems. 

What happens if you try the copy or scan function?  Any output?

This should rule out a problem with the driver or device the printer is connected to.  If there is no output, its likely the inks or the print head. (dried up or clogged) 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

StefanS
Apprentice
Thanks for your reply!

I hadn't used the printer for about 3 months.

Yes, when copying the issue persists. How can I find out if the issue is in the print head or on the inks?

Not any of the 5 colours are being printed btw

Hi StefanS.

Were you able to run a deep cleaning of the print head? If not, please follow the instructions at the link below:

Deep Cleaning the Print Head

If the issue remains, I recommend replacing the cartridges, as it is possible that they may have dried up.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

StefanS
Apprentice
Thanks for the information! Deep cleaning the print head doesn't work, so I'll probably buy some cartridges

Nauguste
Apprentice

I'm on the same boat. Except I've done EVERYTHING- Deep cleaning, new ink cartridges etc... No black & white only printing- It's as if I have no black ink cartridge in there. The copy function does not work at all. Prints blank pages. Any suggestions please? 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements