cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG6320 Inkjet Printer

N1
Apprentice

Hi there,

I have a Canon Pixma MG6320 Inkjet Printer.

When switched on, error message appears. It reads:

"SUPPORT CODE 1404

THE TYPE OF PRINT HEAD IS INCORRECT. INSTALL THE CORRECT PRINT HEAD"

I have removed all 6 Ink Cartridges, removed the Print Head and cleaned the Print heads with 70% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL.

Left the Printhead overnight and replaced back into the Printer the next Day. After 3 or 4 attempts I am still having the same error message as stated above. Is there a solution to this problem??

Awaiting your reply.

Regards.

N1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi N1,

If you have already resat the print head and you are getting the same error, it looks like the printer needs service. The error would mean there is a problem with one of the electrical contacts on the print head or on the carriage the printhead sits in. In this situation, the printer would need service or a new print head.

The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Fix for this eror.  Not likely.  Sounds like you've done more than what is typically expected.  Printheads do not have a unlimited life expectancy.  Running one or more of the inks down and out, then continuing to print can cause them to fail.  Age and the amount of printing can also be a factor.

Give this a try.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART141309&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

If it doesn't work, service or replacement is the only option. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi there Rick,

Thanks for the Advice. Much Appreciated.

I have 2 choices: (1). Replace the Print Head or (2) Buy an Updated Canon Inkjet Printer.

Thanks once again.

Regards.

N1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi N1,

If you have already resat the print head and you are getting the same error, it looks like the printer needs service. The error would mean there is a problem with one of the electrical contacts on the print head or on the carriage the printhead sits in. In this situation, the printer would need service or a new print head.

The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

JCHERRON
Apprentice

Good evening,

My PIXMA MG6320 will not print from Microsoft word. It will print from other applications. Whenever I try to print from word, it just prints out a blank document . I have windows 10 OS. I tried printing from Word on another computer, and the same results happen. A blank page comes out. I've tried deleting and re-adding the drivers. Everything is up to date as far as I can tell. Also, I tried printing form other Microsoft Office programs, same result. I am a ble to print web pages, and pdf documents, but not from and Microsoft Office programs.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements