cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG6220 scanner stopped working on Mac OS 10.13.6

ikedachun721
Apprentice

My scanner has stopped working on my Mac. The device is connected wirelessly. First, I reinstalled the IJScanner driver but that did not do anything. Then I found a posting in the community that instructed to try to scan through Image Capture. When I did that, Image Capture recognized the Canon device and scanned the image. There is a preview on my screen, but I can't see a way on the Image Capture software or the Canon device to save the scan. I've attached a screenshot of Image Capture. Any advice on either how to save the scan or how to get the IJScanning software working again? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 6.16.27 AM.png

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ikedachun721,

In the Image Capture window you can click on overview to get a preview of what is on the glass. After the preview appears you will need to drag you mouse over the preview image on the left to select the part of the scan that you want. Once it has been selected, the option for scan will appear in the bottom right. Once you click scan it will scan the item on the glass and save it to whatever you have selected in the scan to drop down box in that window.

We would be happy to assist with the IJ scan utility issue as well but I would need some additional information to assist. If you can reply to this message with the information below, we can assist further.

1. When you try to use the IJ scan utility do you get an error? If so, what error do you get?
  2. When you try to scan in the IJ scan utility, what does it show for the product name at the top of the window?

Announcements