cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG6200 wont scan from operational panel.

CeeKay83
Apprentice

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can no longer scan from the operation panel on my printer (MG6220). It keeps saying "Processing... Please wait momentarily" and does nothing beyond that. It will only scan from the Canon MP Navigator EX 5.0.

I already tried to re-install the drives, disconnect the USB that goes from the printer to the laptop, power off the printer and re-start my laptop. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I fixed mine troubleshooting on my own since Canon never got back to me in regards to this.

I shut down my computer and printer. Unplugged the USB cord from my computer that is connected to the printer. Plugged the USB cord into a different USB outlet on my computer. Turned everything back on and it started working again.

My boyfriend did let me know that sometimes the USB outlet that the printer was initially installed on has to be where the USB plug is always plugged into. It's rare, but it does happen.

One thing I have noticed differently with Windows 10 is that after pressing Scan>Black/Color Start, a screen pops up asking to select a program to launch for this application in order for it to scan and save to the computer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ShaneP
Contributor

Facing this same issue and did the reinstallation too, but still no result. Whats wrong? Some help would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Shane.

I fixed mine troubleshooting on my own since Canon never got back to me in regards to this.

I shut down my computer and printer. Unplugged the USB cord from my computer that is connected to the printer. Plugged the USB cord into a different USB outlet on my computer. Turned everything back on and it started working again.

My boyfriend did let me know that sometimes the USB outlet that the printer was initially installed on has to be where the USB plug is always plugged into. It's rare, but it does happen.

One thing I have noticed differently with Windows 10 is that after pressing Scan>Black/Color Start, a screen pops up asking to select a program to launch for this application in order for it to scan and save to the computer.
Announcements