Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5700 printer - will print but not scan

MaddydNielsen
Contributor

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:
- Scanner is turned off.
- USB cable is disconnected.

My printer is swtiched on - have tried turning it on and off several times - and the USB port is connected - have tried connecting and reconnecting it  several times.. I am able to print documents, but keep getting the above message whem I try to scan.

The scanner has  worked before -  so not sure what is going on. Please help. iMac OS X Yosemite.

Thank you,

Maddy Nielsen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MaddydNielsen,

I recommend reinstalling the scanner driver on your computer. Please click HERE and download the ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3a. Once the driver is downloaded, please open your recent downloads and run the installer for the driver. Once the scanner driver is reinstalled. Please try to scan again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MaddydNielsen,

I recommend reinstalling the scanner driver on your computer. Please click HERE and download the ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3a. Once the driver is downloaded, please open your recent downloads and run the installer for the driver. Once the scanner driver is reinstalled. Please try to scan again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you - that seems to have worked.

Hopefully it will continue!

Maddy Nielsen.

Announcements