cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5650 Page Black Text Double Printing - blurry text

bazzer
Contributor

Hi,

My canon printer MG5650 is double printing text when using the Pigment Ink.  If I force it to use the Dye Ink (i.e. Photo Mode) the printout is sharp so surely it cannot be the Encoder (timing) Strip otherwise all printing would be the same whatever ink is used.  Can anyone tell / suggest what could be causing the problem?

Note, other Canon printers have suffered the same problem but also when people answer they always point to the Encoder Strip being dirty, usually caused by a paper jam.

see http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/HELP-PLEASE-blurry-BLACK-text-printi...  - Canon Nozzle Check.jpgnote the person reporting the problem specically mentions the black ink.

https://superuser.com/questions/1130333/text-is-not-printed-neatly-by-my-printer-how-to-repair-it  - this post shows exacly the issue I have and only shows the double printing with the pigment ink and not the dye ink.

Thanks,

Bazzer

11 REPLIES 11

James_C

Hi Bazzer,

Based on what you described, it does seem to point to the encoder strip.  Click HERE for details.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,

Thanks you for your reply, but surely if it was the encoder strip it will affect all ink and not only the pigment ink. Black Dye Ink, for example, printouts show no printing anomalies.

Also getting to the encoder strip on this printer is all but impossible as you cannot open the lid where you load the ink far enough. Can you give me a link to a service manual?

Thanks,
Bazzer

I am also searching for the answer to repairing my printer.

If I don't find it, then I will have to purchase another* printer.

xserman
Apprentice

I've same problem: any suggestion from Canon support?

Today I've replaced the PGI cartridge, but no news.

I'm thinking to come back to Epson...

xserman,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

I have the same problem. It is only the black printing head wich give troubles.

Canon said it is the cleaning strip. That is not possible. The line with the grid wil be printed in one strike so than al the grid lines must be doubled. The middel is the worst  and at each end it is printing correct.

I expected an answer from canon

Did you find a solution to the black text being printed blurry or doubled?

No i didn't.

I was convinced that the print head had to be replaced so I by a new printer.

Richard1234
Apprentice
I had blurry text randomly over the page and this convo helped me solve it due to a dirty encoder strip after a paper jam.
Cleaned with damp cotton buds. Sorted!
I’ve mainly signed up just to say thanks. 🙂
Announcements