cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5550 ""Set the PC to start scanning" message. Aaaargh!

Mikethephotoman
Apprentice

HI, I have recently had to re-install the software that came with my MG5550 following some laptop issues....

Everything works just fine apart from when I want to scan a document placed on the printer and using the buttons on the printer to do the job I get the message ""Set the PC to start scanning" and don't know what to do next. I have reinstalled the software - not using "custom" settings, but literally letting it instal everything on the disc.

I can scan from the PC - eg put a document on the platten and use the PCto tel it to scan,  and everything prints OK, so I know the communication is working.

If I select "Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector" from the icon on the bottom of my screen, I can see that the hotspot is correctly ticked and shows the MG5550 / F4.81:39:30:DF:02 (wehatever that means) as the selected scanner. In that window, I can see another selection (scan form operation panel settings) and if I click that, it opens another window with the same narrative as above (MG5550 F4.81:39:30:DF:02) appears with a tick in the box next to it.

So, everything looks to be OK.....but the same message on the printer screen. 

Can anyone offer some advice?

I'd be very grateful!

Mike

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements