cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5422 Will not print

Cloverbea
Apprentice

I have cleaned nozzles, checked all that I know to check and it just won't print. Wait, I take that back, sometimes it prints when I tell it to, but most of the time it just goes through the motions of printing with nothing actually printed on the paper. I'm using black cartridges only, my ink level shows completely full. Can't figure this one out, would appreciate any help, I'm a homeschooler and I need my printer!!!

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Cloverbea,

First, please make sure that the ink tanks are installed in the printer correctly and are in the correct order. The order from left to right is as follows:

CLI-251M
CLI-251BK
CLI-251Y
PGI-220PGBK
CLI-251C

Next, a test of the printer should be performed. This will tell us if the printer is working correctly. To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG5420 and follow these steps:

1. Press <HOME>.

2. Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3. Press <OK> on Print nozzle check pattern.

4. Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print. Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post. If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1. Press <HOME>.

2. Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3. Press <OK> on Cleaning.

4. Press <OK> on Yes.

5. Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

Does the Nozzle Check print correctly?  If not, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

MG5420 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My MG5422 suddenly quit putting ink on paper.  It goes thru the motinos but blank sheets come out.  Whats wrong?  The steps listed here had no effect.

Hi RussC,

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• Are you able to make a photocopy with the Black button?
  • With the Color button?
  • Does your nozzle check resemble the one above?

I look forward to your reply.

I get a blank page when I try to photocopy in black or color.  I get a blank page when I run a nozzle check.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RussC,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tyriel85
Apprentice
While this info is all God and possibly useful...this printer is not even supported by canon anymore except via their website. Talk about BS.

Tyriel85
Apprentice
Couldn't find anything from their website to help but I did fix my issue with the Print head. I would suggest pull out the Printer head and put it in a glass bowl. Then pour boiled water into the container with it. Rinse and repeat until the water runs clear. Let dry for a bit then reinstall the printer head. That should clear out any dried ink in your print head and it will Print like new. Hope this helps as Canon was useless for me.

Tyriel85
Apprentice

Announcements