cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5420 Support code 1403

Lyle
Apprentice

How do I fix Canon MG5420

"Support Code 1403 print head is incorrect.

Install the correct print head"

I have been using this printer for 2 years with no problems, then all of a sudden I get "Support Code 1403"

I took out the print head cleaned it and reinstalled, still have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12

Solved by redownloading the Canon printer drivers, install them on your computer ('run the .exe. file' and the installation wizard that pops up) with printer disconnected.  It is the same thing you do to get any new printer driver on your PC.  That replaced the other drivers for this printer.  Were they out of date or corrupted?  Do not know, or how or why.

Reconnect the printer and turn it back on, let computer "find printer" and "process" for 10 minutes or so.

Most was automatic.

I just took a wild guess after trying to clean print heads, reinstall print heads, install new printer cartridges, and do various "hard resets" to the printer (look on youtube for many how to dos on that topic).

None of that worked and I was about to trash a perfectly GOOD printer scanner due to lack of any help or other ideas .. so I just tried the reload drivers thing as a last ditch effort.

Try it, and you might 'save' your machine.  Zero cost!  Takes 20 minutes start to finish and most of the time you are just watching the machine.

ScottNJ
Apprentice

Same here.  Was working great, the error code 1403. Toner was low, so I spent $90 on new ink set.

I have resteated the printhead 5 times, and I even cleaned it.  Come on, a little help! 

bobirvan
Apprentice

DId anybody tell you how to fix this probelm.  I simply moved my printer from livngroom to office and now I have the same problem!  Not sure what to do at this point.  Maybe I'll get an HP.

Announcements