cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5320 printing blank pages

vndnsms
Apprentice

Hi, 

I recently changed the name of my wifi. I connected the printer to the access point and selected the new wifi name.

But just today, my printer just prints blank pages. Could the changing of wifi name cause the blank pages? It's receiving the data that something needs to be printed. It's just that there is nothing on the paper.

6 REPLIES 6

Jenine
Rising Star

Hello Vndnsms!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/Canon-Support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I tried printing on both my mac and windows computers.

Hi vndnsms,

First, please make sure that the ink tanks are installed in the printer correctly and are in the correct order. The order from left to right is as follows:

CLI-226BK
CLI-226M
CLI-226C
PGI-225PGBK
CLI-226Y

Next, a test of the printer should be performed. This will tell us if the printer is working correctly. To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG5320 and follow these steps:

1. Press <HOME>.

2. Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3. Press <OK> on Print nozzle check pattern.

4. Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print. Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post. If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1. Press <HOME>.

2. Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3. Press <OK> on Cleaning.

4. Press <OK> on Yes.

5. Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

Does the Nozzle Check print correctly?

If it does not, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

MG5320 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

My MG5320 will only print blank pages. I have tried every troubleshooting tip. I just spent $70 (!) to replace the cartridges, so it definitely has ink. It makes all the sounds as if it is printing and runs the paper through, but there is nothing on it. Trying to run a nozzle check pattern or any other maintenance yields the same result.

The printer seems to be operating fine, so I suspect that Canon has simply decided not to update or support the drivers so that we're all forced to buy new printers. I can guarantee you that whatever I buy, it won't be a Canon.

DDS
Apprentice
Did you receive an answer or resolve problem? Mine is doiythe same.

Zoeygirl
Contributor

Me too - and I just changed the name & password for my router

Announcements