cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG3600 Printer

Patoct
Apprentice

I have had this printer for about 5 years and had never had any problems.  I changed the color cartridge yesterday - as it said it was empty.  Was not able to print and several lights were flashing.

The only way I could print and it was black and white only was by holding stop button for about 5 seconds and various lights flashed. I went into print setup. But was able to print in black and white, but then lights flashed and I was back to the same problem.  I tried printing againg by doing same thing and it did not work.

Can anyone help? I would like to get to being able to print like norma. TY.

I had googled hel for Canon problems and even tried shutting off printer and pulling power cord for 60 seconds, that did not help.

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

When the unit fails to print, is the orange alarm light flashing on the machine?  Please visit the following link to find more details about the error conditions.

MG3600 Online Manual - An Error Occurs

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

TY Michael for replying.

I called Staples, they gave me a new cartridge and all is good.  There was no pull strip on it and I figured that may have been the problem.  Staples clerk said if it doesn't work, it is the printer and would probably be cheaper to get a new one than get the one I had repaired.

Happy Thanksgiving.

And yes the orange light was flashing, one or both along with top green one.

Announcements