cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG3550

Evaldas5211
Apprentice
I have used this MG3550 printer for almost a year now, whcih maybe known as MG3520 in the US. It's been working fine, but now it stopped. The problem is that it won't fully turn on and won't shut down. The only lights that are lit are the power button light and the one next to 8x6 photo paper. No warning lights, no cartridge issue lights.
The printer shows as offline even when connected to the computer via USB. It won't copy anything either. I can not do a reset on it as that requires to be able to turn off the printer which I can't do on mine, no matter how many times or how long I press the power button nothing happens, and the same two lights are still present. If I unplug the powercord and plug it back in goes straight to those two lights without me pressing the power button....
2 REPLIES 2

tim564
Apprentice

I have this exact same problem. Worked 2 months ago but haven't used since and has been plugged in whole time. Now just the power light is on and the light against  4" x 6" Photo Paper. If I unplug and plug back in I just get the same. If I open the front the cartridge mechanism doesn't shift either - its just dead.

I found this in another post and it worked:

"Plug the power line in while holding the RESET button (RED triangle, also called STOP button)). Release the RESET button. The ALARM starts blinking. Push the "ON" button."

Announcements