07-30-2016 07:59 AM
I don't have the CD to install the driver for this printer anymore so I downloaded the driver from the Canon website. My computer is running windows 7 home premium 64-bit. When I try to open the program to install it I get an error that says "failed to aquire information on the driver and software. Check the network connection and try again." Any ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-01-2016 02:20 PM
Please make sure that you are installing your PIXMA MG2520 using the latest driver:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type PIXMA MG2520 in the "Enter a Model Name" box.
3. Under Recommended Downloads, please click the Select button next to the MG2500 series Full Driver & Software Package.
4. If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
5. Click the Download button.
6. If a Save As box comes up, click Save.
7. Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.
8. Double click [win-mg2500-1_1-ucd.exe].
10. Connect the USB cable when prompted.
Follow the prompts to install your PIXMA MG2520 on your computer.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link: