cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG2410 service mode HEEELLLLP PLEASE

jardrew
Contributor

Good day.....On different canon printers I have got the ink absorber error before and used the tool 3400 reset tool for canon.  With this printer however I am kind of stumped. I tried a few of the different ways online they say to get in to service mode however on the tool I am getting and error 006. Some sites say that error means I am not really in service mode while others say I should disconnect my printer and reconnect and the error should go away.  Nothing has worked so far and I want to know if anyone knows the correct way to get into service mode on a MG2410 ...OR 2400 series or any tips to get the error from the service tool to go away.  The couple videos on youtube about this printer seem to be in Spanish. Can someone please help me

Thank youSmiley HappySmiley Happy

12 REPLIES 12

jardrew
Contributor

Please are there any geniuses out there?

Anyone out there?

Hi, jardrew!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

thank you for your reply. I live in the Bahamas and we speak English most of the eletronics we buy over here comes from the US but now that you mention it some of the writing on it seem to be spanish maybe. Is there any general advice you can give like maybe the various combinations than you can get a canon desktop printer into service mode? Or a link to a forum that supports this particular printer.  Below is a picture just in the event you know of a printer in the US that is similar.  Any assistence will be extremly helpful.  Thank you

Canon pixma mg2410.png

Hi, did you ever get this fixed. I also have one which seems like its a latin american model as the box has spanish on it, let me know am in ur region Jamaica. Have tried many versions of the service tool with the same 006 error.

Thanks

Sorry did not had to throw it away. I tried every tool out there. You can try your local canon dealer to see if they could do anythingfor you 

thanks, I doubt they will do any batter and their minimal service charge which is non refundable is almost the cost of that printer so it might not make any sense. 

Did you get the impression that this model cant be reset with software but would need a hardware repair? Someone on another site seemed to imply this, yet I see listing for version 4905 of the service tool saying it supports that model.

Anyone can definitively say that this model can be reset with software?

Its hard to say but I thought it might be a hardware problem. Only reason why is because I would have thought at least one of the tools would have made some impact. All my searching though the few persons who actually said they had the model none seemed to have fixed the issue

Ok, going to see if i can talk to a technician at the local dealer.

Announcements