cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG2220 won't connect to PC

thiefofwords
Apprentice

My computer either completely ignores the USB connection, or tells me it's not supported/recognized. I tried reinstalling the driver, but it wouldn't work as it required a connection to the printer. 

3 REPLIES 3

Jessica
Enthusiast

Hi thiefofwords! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. PC is custom built. 

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi theifofwords,

When a device is not detected on a USB connection, there could be a number of things involved.  First, try using a different USB printing cable and attempt the installation again. Make sue the USB cable is about 4 feet long.  Excessively long cables can sometimes cause communication issues.  If you get the same results, attempt the installation with a different USB port on your computer.  Avoid connecting the printer to a USB hub, as well.  

Are you installing this printer on a laptop?  If so, be sure the laptop is plugged into an outlet and not running on battery power.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us for additional troubleshooting.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements