cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG2120 Printer will not print duplex - ignores the setting

jcr16
Apprentice

I have a Canon MG2120 printer, which has a manual duplex feature. It had worked yesterday from a Powerpoint presentation coming from a Windows 7 based Dell 15R laptop. Starting today, using the same presentation from the same computer with the Duplex option selected in the Print Setup. ignores the Duplex setting and prints the document on separate pages. There was nothing that we know of that changed, but we are getting different results. I tried printing from a different laptop, also using Windows 7 but printing from MS Outlook, and it has the same issue (prints the output on separate pages, ignoring the duplex setting.  I tried setting the duplex setting on the printer default setting before going in to the document to re-print, and it still did not work.

A Windows Vista desktop was also tested, and the duplex feature does work from Vista.

How do I resolve this issue in the Windows 7 laptops?

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hello. Double check to make sure that the paper size is set to letter and that borderless printing is not enabled. Also, set the media type to plain paper. If a photo paper is selected or borderless printing is used, the duplex option will be disabled. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group by calling us at 1-800-652-2666.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements